In keeping with HCL’s commitment to current and open standards, HCL Commerce Search uses Apache Lucene as the basis of its Search framework. Lucene powers the Apache Solr search engine and the Elasticsearch search engine. The indexing pipeline is a more open, flexible and scalable and is tightly integrated with the data service. Using the underlying dataflow technology and architecture, you can easily customize the pipelines. This open-standards approach considerably eases the process of integrating Search with existing and third-party applications.
User roles that interact with HCL Commerce Search
The following user roles interact with HCL Commerce Search:
- Store developers who want to deliver powerful search-based catalog browsing flows.
- Site Administrators who want to deploy, manage, and maintain HCL Commerce Search implementations.
- Merchandisers who want to influence search results by using the Management center.
Some of the business benefits that are provided by HCL Commerce Search are,
- Shoppers can look for products and browse the storefront by using an intuitive and highly responsive interface that can anticipate their needs. Basic functions include guided navigation, landing pages, and dynamic merchandising suggestions.
- Merchandisers can influence product selection and display order for category navigation using the Management Center Catalogs tool and they can set up boost/bury rules for influencing search results using the Search Rules feature in the Marketing tool.
- Relevant content is easier to find because the Search system uses a combination of relational database and unstructured text-searching modules.
- Search runs in its own container, and if you use the advanced architecture of the Version 9.1 Data Services, you can take advantage of the latest microservices to gain fine control over search and
analytics. Large numbers of complex search queries can run in parallel with order processing with no degradation in response time.
- Scalability is not a problem.
- Deployment and ownership costs are lower, since all of these capabilities come included with HCL Commerce.